Easy Redmine is an open source project-management solution that offers classic project management functions and more helpful features. The tool is suitable for companies of all sizes, both with and without their own software development. It supports both classic project management according to the waterfall or V-model as well as agile project management. For project management Easy Redmine offers these functions:
- Gantt Chart
- Agile boards for Scrum, Kanban or mixed approaches
- Burndown Charts
- Time tracking
To support software development, the tool offers a classic issue tracker and also a help desk.
Other features include these:
- A B2B CRM that can be used not only for lead and opportunity management, but also for tracking sales and goal achievement.
- A partner management that allows managing customers in separate territories.
- A financial management for project budgets, salary and invoice overviews and more.
Easy Redmine and GDPR
However, Easy Redmine does not only provide project management features, data protection also plays an important role in the tool. That's why Easy Redmine offers various features that, when applied, simplify compliance with the GDPR:
- Easy Redmine offers advanced password policy enforcement.
- There are options to limit potential data access to people and events.
- The right to be forgotten provides the ability to easily delete personal data.
- Easy collection of personal data under the right of access.
- Anonymization of contacts to store less personal data.
Extension for Redmine
Easy Redmine is an extension for the popular open source project-management tool Redmine that is 100% compatible with Redmine. This means that upgrades for Redmine can also be applied to Easy Redmine.
Compared to Redmine, Easy Redmine has a modified responsive interface (which means that the tool can be used on mobile devices) and an extended feature set with B2B CRM, partner management, financial management and various dashboards.
Easy Redmine cloud and on-premises.
Depending on the requirements for security, speed, availability and budget, different operating modes are relevant for tools. Easy Redmine can be operated on-premises, i.e. on a dedicated server or in a data center of one's choice, or used in a private or public cloud.
The difference between private and public cloud is briefly this: In the public cloud, an Easy Redmine server is used by multiple customers at the same time, without them being able to see the data from other organizations. In a private cloud, Easy Redmine is also run on a public server, but all customers are provided with their own installation of the tool.
Easy Redmine and the Cloudogu EcoSystem
For on-premises operation of Easy Redmine, the Cloudogu EcoSystem is a good choice. It is an on-premises operating platform for agile-software-development and DevOps tools that simplifies the installation, operation and maintenance of all tools running on it through its architecture. In the Cloudogu EcoSystem DevStarter, you get Easy Redmine together with the BlueSpice wiki, the SCM-Manager sourcode-management tool and other helpful tools.