Dogu is a Japanese term that means “tool”. According to that,
is a platform that contains a toolbox for
Each Dogu is a container that provides benefits for the Cloudogu EcoSystem as a whole.
Characteristics of Dogus
Dogus are more than just containerized tools or applications that are operated in the Cloudogu EcoSystem. What turns a container into a Dogu are these things:
- If a tool has a UI and a login, the authentication has to be performed through CAS and it has to be part of the Single Sign-on system.
- Additionally, each Dogus needs to be connected or linked to at least one other Dogu.
These two requirements for Dogus are supposed to ensure that the Cloudogu EcoSystem provides a high level of benefits and is therefore more than just a selection of tools.
Community Dogus are available in the Community Edition of the Cloudogu EcoSystem. Usually these are well established Open-ource tools.
- Central Authentication Service: A single sign-on server.
- OpenLDAP: A LDAP server, that is used by the User Management Dogu.
- LDAP Mapper: A proxy to LDAP services with additional user/group mapping functionality.
- Postfix: A mail server, that is used as a centralized service for Dogus to send e-mails.
- Redmine: An issue tracking and project management tool.
- SCM-Manager: A repository management tool for Git, Mercurial and Subversion.
- SonarQube: A tool for continuous code analyses.
- User Management: A tool for user management.
- Cockpit: A dashboard containing information from tools of the Cloudogu EcoSystem.
- Jenkins CI: A continuous integration server.
- Nginx: A webserver.
- PlantUML: A tool to create UML diagrams.
- PostgreSQL: A relational database that is used by other Dogus.
- Registrator: The Registrator Dogu is used to internally manage Dogus.
- Smeagol: A Git based wiki.
- Sonatype Nexus: An artifact repository management server.
- Swagger UI: A tool to generate a list of Swagger APIs.
Premium Dogus require at least the Premium Edition of the Cloudogu EcoSystem. Often, Premium Dogus are based on proprietary software that requires an addition license.
- Backup & Restore: A service to manage and restore backups.
- Easy Redmine: A Redmine-based project management tool with additional functionalities.
- Elasticsearch: A full-text search engine with HTTP web interface.
- Atlassian Jira: A project-, issue- and taskmanagement tool.
- Atlassian Confluence: A tool to share and manage knowledge.
- Cassandra: A NoSQL database management tool.
- Fidelia: A tool for requirements management.
Community and Premium Dogus are generally available to all customers of the CES, only that you need a Premium Edition to use Premium Dogus. Private Dogus on the other hand are only available to specific clients. For example, if you have an individual application as a Dogu, it can be made available only for your instances through the Backend. By doing so you have the same advantages like the easy installation and updates for your software.
Missing an application?
If you are missing a tool, please feel free to contact us regarding additional Dogus!