Cloudogu as a signee of the Diversity Charter
Fittingly for the German Diversity Day on May 31st, 2022 and the 10th anniversary of this day, we are now also one of the 4600 signees of the Diversity Charter; and there are more every day.
Everyone is an individual and no one is better or worse. We do not all have the same gender, origin, religion, age or sexual orientation. In the 21st century, this should no longer be an issue. However, misunderstandings, hostility, conflicts and injustices still often occur. At Cloudogu, we see the diversity of people and individuals as a gift and an opportunity for the progress of our company and, above all, of society. Because, imagine if every code was written the same way or all software developers always deal with the same topics and would not share ideas and solutions with each other. That would be pretty lame and we could wait a long time for progress, don’t you think?
In order to live this view not only as a loose internal commitment, but to officially stand up for the goal of advancing the recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the workplace in Germany, we recently signed the Diversity Charter. The Charter was launched under the patronage of former German Chancellor Angela Merkel in 2006.
Guidelines of the Diversity Charter
By signing the Diversity Charter document, Cloudogu commits to act according to these guidelines:
- Cultivate an organizational culture characterized by mutual respect and appreciation. We create the conditions for managers and employees to recognize, share and live these values. In doing so, they have a special obligation.
- Review our HR processes and ensure that they reflect the diverse skills and talents of all employees and our performance aspirations.
- Recognize diversity within and outside the organization, value the potential it contains and use it profitably for the company or institution.
- Make the contents of the Charter the subject of internal and external dialog.
- Report publicly on our activities and progress in promoting diversity and appreciation on an annual basis.
- Inform our workforce about the added value of diversity and involve them in implementing the Charter.
Just the beginning
We are aware that signing the Diversity Charter is a sign, but that we still have a long way to go as a company. That’s why we will continue to increase awareness amongst our network and the community in the future.
Would you like to get involved in this topic and discuss diversity with us or share your experiences? Then feel free to use the Cloudogu Platform as a way to get in touch with us. We are looking forward to it!